Friday, June 8, 2012

Basic Biscuits


This easy biscuit recipe comes from my "CWA Classics" book and I love it.  I wanted to make these because hubby recently bought our toddler some Tiny Teddies.  I wasn't really impressed by all the packaging and decided it would be so much better to make my own "special" biscuits (I love how easily pleased 2-year-olds are!)  So I added some hundreds & thousands to this recipe - they are tastier than Tiny Teddies, so quick & easy to make, great to have the kids help out, and can easily freeze to have on hand.  You can add anything to this base mixture - nuts, chocolate, dried fruit, icing, spices etc - be creative and enjoy!  PS How fun are my star cookie cutters?!?

Ingredients (makes about 50)
110g softened butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
3/4 cup plain flour
3/4 cup self-raising flour

Method
Preheat the oven to 160 degrees celsius.  Grease baking trays or line with paper.

Cream butter and sugar, then beat in egg and vanilla.  Add sifted flours and mix to a dough.  Roll out the dough then cut out shapes with biscuit cutters.  Place on prepared trays.  Bake for 8-10 minutes.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

My kids LOVED these! So did my hubby :) I didnt have any cookie cutters, which I will have to invest in. I did however have some cooking chocolate on hand so I dipped them into it and sprinkled some more hundreds and thousands on top. I wont be doing that again though, they were too tempting for me and I polished off too many myself haha:))

Vanessa Gibson said...

What a great idea, choc-dipped would be so yum!! I totally hear you on them being too tempting :-)

Print