Monday, May 14, 2012

Roast Pumpkin & Feta Pizza


This recipe was originally a salad, but I decided to try it out as a pizza.  It was a great move!  I just loved all of the flavours and thought they worked perfectly together on the pizza base - and amazingly, it tallied in at just 320 calories per serve.  This could just become a new Friday night favourite!

Ingredients (serves 4)
500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, de-seeded and chopped
1 red capsicum, chopped
1 red onion, sliced
olive oil spray
1 pizza base (feel free to make your own - I just used one from Aldi)
2 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
50g baby spinach
100g low-fat feta
dried oregano

Method
Preheat oven to 200 degrees fan-forced.

Place pumpkin, capsicum and red onion in a roasting dish and spray lightly with olive oil.  Bake for 30 minutes.

Spread sweet chilli sauce over the pizza base (I just used a bit of tomato sauce on the kids' section of the pizza!).  Top with baby spinach.

Arrange pumpkin, capsicum and onion evenly over base.  Top with crumbled feta, then a sprinkle of dried oregano.

Bake for 30 minutes.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Vanessa, my name is Michelle and I have two daughters both of whom went to school and still are friends with your sisters, Angela and Fiona! (Kate and Emma) I just want to say that I love your blog and that I made this pizza last night and we all loved it (my husband and I and Kate's family) Good on you for putting it together, you must be very busy. thanks heaps!

Vanessa Gibson said...

Oh hi Michelle! Yes I know who are now!! Thanks so much for the feedback - glad you're loving the recipes!

Print